The Idea: Tissue paper lantern; If you want something Bohemian but you don’t want to go all-out colorful, this is a great DIY idea for you. One fab thing about this is that you can paste the tissue circles in any way you want. You can also do patterns!
Looking for a fun way to jazz up regular paper lanterns? Break out the Collage Pauge™and some tissue paper and you have a totally new, fresh look for your room!
Here’s how you do it. It’s soooo easy!
Dotted Tissue Paper Lanterns
– White paper lantern
– Collage Pauge™ Instant Decopauge (Matte Finish)
– foam brush
– several sheets of tissue paper in colors of your choice.
1. Fold tissue paper into several layers as shown.
2. Cut circles into your tissue paper. I used a punch at first, but honestly it didn’t work very well. My shapes were irregular, but if you notice, it doesn’t hurt the overall aesthetic of the piece.
3. Use a foam brush or your finger to apply Collage Pauge in little areas at a time (you don’t want to spread it all over cause it will dry before you get to some parts). I chose to have heavy dots at top that tapered down into smaller dots as I went.
Some things to note:
1. Don’t forget to buy your light bulb and cord to complete the look when you buy your lantern! But, you might just want it hanging on its own without a light. It will illuminate and glow in your room if hit by sunlight!
2. Try this idea on the little medium or mini string lanterns. Using tissue paper in a rainbow of colors would be so pretty!
3. This project isn’t too time intensive, but it did take me 3 or so hours to complete. It would be the perfect thing to do while watching the tube!